What is the best way to approach decorating small spaces?
In small spaces, every inch counts – so attention to detail is a must! By utilizing the following tips, you can maximize the amount of space you have.
1. Each furniture piece needs to serve more than one purpose. For example, an antique chest can be used as both a nightstand AND to store extra bedding.
2. Use a few large, interesting pieces, instead of many small items to keep the room feeling open and uncluttered.
3. A large framed mirror can add sparkle and visual interest, as well as help to extend the space.
4. Consider making use of your vertical/wall space. Wall-mounted shelving can provide extra storage for books, while still allowing the floor area below to be utilized.
5. A wall-mounted TV will eliminate the need for a bulky armoire.
Have a troubling small space? We can help!