Let’s be honest…having children means having to make some sacrifices when it comes to decorating. But, if you sent the kids off to college this year, now is the perfect time for the makeover you’ve always wanted!
- A fresh coat of paint is always the best place to start. Have a favorite art piece, fabric, or area rug? It’s a great way to determine your base/accent colors.
- Start with the largest pieces. Always wanted that cream fabric sofa? Now is the time to splurge on exactly what you want!
- The sky’s the limit when it comes to accent tables. We have 2 rules of thumb – don’t purchase a matching set and mix materials when you can (think metal side tables with a wood coffee table).
- Lighting makes the room. Think of your room in “zones” when considering lamps (i.e. reading versus task). Again, don’t purchase in sets. We’re loving all the mercury glass lamps available now – they add a great pop of sparkle to any room.
- Always wanted a space of your own, but not ready to completely transform the kids’ bedrooms just yet? Why not create a small reading nook in your living room, master bedroom, or even kitchen nook? Don’t forget a comfy chair and proper reading light though! 🙂
Not sure where to start on your dream spaces? Call us today! 480.994.0833