A few months back I posted about my pregnancy and some ideas I had for the nursery. Since then, we’ve found out it’s a girl! I decided I still wanted to do something more gender neutral – and here is the (almost) finished project…
I blocked out some contemporary trees and decided to make the ends of the “branches” out of fabric circles (in all different colors and patterns) to give some added color and texture. The Wallcandy owls that started it all are sitting at the top of one tree and I hand-painted the remaining animals onto the walls using acrylic paints.
All of the colors in the trees and animals came from the bedding I found (on clearance) at Target.
We already owned the dresser, simply freshened it up with a few coats of an awesome lime green paint called Lemon Grass from Behr (the same color that I used for the tops of the trees). Makes the perfect changing table after adding a pad!