- Paint will always completely transform a room. Try using an appetizing color like red or yellow – avoid blue.
- Use crisp, white linens, white dinnerware, polished silver flatware and traditional stemware for an elegant & timeless look.
- For a simple and beautiful centerpiece, scout around for candlesticks of varying heights. The styles don’t have to match per se, but the finishes should to give a cohesive look. Add some simple white tapers, and your centerpiece is complete!
- Add a dimmer switch on your chandelier if possible to set the lighting “mood”.
Let us spruce up your space in time for the Holidays!Call today!
With the night’s finally cooling down in the Phoenix valley, my thoughts have been turning to outside living areas – but I was looking for a funky twist on the typical metal seating pieces we’ve grown accustomed to here. Enter the following…
I’m always looking for unique storage and organizing solutions. Here are a few cool tricks I found recently:
It’s amazing what an impact hardware makes – it’s like adding “jewelry” to your cabinets. Not sure what style will look right on your cabinets? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Have a typical “builder standard” kitchen? Look what a difference a fresh coat of paint and some great hardware makes. A more transitional pull in either chrome or satin nickel will give you an instant update, and will work with most every style.
- For contemporary rooms, think simple. In the bathroom below we have a vanity with slab/flat front doors. We chose simple, angled knobs for the doors and beautiful curved pulls for the drawers. You don’t necessarily have to match your plumbing finish to your knobs (i.e. you can have satin finish hardware with chrome plumbing fixtures), but for clean spaces like this one, it made sense to.
- Powder rooms and kids’ bathrooms are the perfect spot for some super fun hardware. Check out these gems we found!
Let’s be honest…having children means having to make some sacrifices when it comes to decorating. But, if you sent the kids off to college this year, now is the perfect time for the makeover you’ve always wanted!
- A fresh coat of paint is always the best place to start. Have a favorite art piece, fabric, or area rug? It’s a great way to determine your base/accent colors.
- Start with the largest pieces. Always wanted that cream fabric sofa? Now is the time to splurge on exactly what you want!
- The sky’s the limit when it comes to accent tables. We have 2 rules of thumb – don’t purchase a matching set and mix materials when you can (think metal side tables with a wood coffee table).
- Lighting makes the room. Think of your room in “zones” when considering lamps (i.e. reading versus task). Again, don’t purchase in sets. We’re loving all the mercury glass lamps available now – they add a great pop of sparkle to any room.
- Always wanted a space of your own, but not ready to completely transform the kids’ bedrooms just yet? Why not create a small reading nook in your living room, master bedroom, or even kitchen nook? Don’t forget a comfy chair and proper reading light though! 🙂
Not sure where to start on your dream spaces? Call us today! 480.994.0833
Football season is upon us, and for those of you lucky enough to have your own space, listen up! Here are some ideas to get you headed in the right direction:
- Beige isn’t the only color that exists – we swear 🙂
- Although we might not recommend it for every room, leather seating might be a great option to keep messes at bay. Just think simple, clean lines when choosing pieces – bigger is not always better!
- Afraid of a little color? Why not choose based on your fave teams? This might be a great way to choose an area rug, artwork, etc.
- Another great way to add some color while keeping noise levels at bay? Upholster the walls! You can call us if you think we just made that up 🙂
- Group/collage memorabilia. Collections always look more impressive when they are hung on the wall together, or placed on a shelf as a group.
- Of course, the TV will be the focal point (and don’t worry, we’re not even going to attempt giving you suggestions on that). But remember to select an entertainment stand that will house all the necessary components.
- And remember to consider the windows – black out drapes will add softness while also blocking out distracting glare.
- Your cave is the perfect spot for those pieces from college you just can’t part with. Have a beer keg that reminds you of fun times? Why not use it as a side table?
- And last, but not least, place furniture in “zones”. Think TV viewing, gaming, bar, etc.
Have fun and enjoy the games – and remember, we’re here to help if you’re having trouble getting that cave up to par.
It’s the little details that make design extraordinary. This lamp had a beautiful base, but the shade it came with just didn’t do it justice. Add a new shade of the proper size and shape, and voila!
Sure, it’s nice to look at beautiful homes in magazines and imagine your rooms looking exactly the same. But who wants a home that doesn’t reflect them and how they live? The best home designs are those that have a “personal” touch.
Try these tips to bring “yourself” in without sacrificing great style:
- Love a certain color? Surround yourself in it! There’s no rule that says walls and sofas have to be beige…
- Chose art not by color/style, but by what truly speaks to you. You’ll be amazed how uplifting it is to be surrounded by great art that you love. You could even create a collage wall of “kid” art for some unexpected fun and to showcase your little one’s Picasso-esque talents 🙂
- Display family heirlooms in important places. Anything can be incorporated into a space if you wish. We recently incorporated a client’s crystal collection into her contemporary home and it looked amazing!
- Have a collection or some great items from a recent trip? Group it together on the wall or on a table for more impact.
Need help finding “you” in your space? We can help! 480.994.0833